Wilmington Steroid Injection Lawyers
Injuries from Contaminated Steroid Injections
The Wilmington personal injury attorneys at Rhine Law Firm, P.C. are investigating potential lawsuits involving the use of steroid injections. As noted in the media, there have been a series of announced cases from the CDC (Center of Disease Control) ranging from severe injury to death. All of the cases have been linked to spinal or joint injections of the steroid methylprednisolone acetate. The epidural steroid injections were given to alleviate back pain. Several patients have had strokes after receiving the contaminated injections and many others have developed fungal meningitis. Patients receiving steroid injections in the joints - such as knee and hip - are susceptible to developing fungal infections in the joints. These infections can be extremely problematic in patients with artificial joints, meaning those receiving injections after hip or knee replacement surgery.
The tainted drugs have been traced back to a drug compounding pharmacy in Massachusetts. Since the recent outbreak, they have been banned from doing business in the state of North Carolina. If you or a loved one has received a steroid injection since May 2012, please contact the Rhine Law Firm, P.C. for a free consultation.
Patients who have received steroid injections - whether in the back, knee or hip - since May 2012 should watch for the following symptoms:
- New or worsening headache
- Sensitivity to light
- Stiff neck
- New weakness or numbness in any part of your body
- Slurred speech
- Increased pain, redness or swelling at your injection site
The Rhine Law Firm, P.C. has experience handling these types of cases. Any of the individuals who contracted meningitis can sue for compensation for his or her personal injuries. The families of those who died may seek compensation for the wrongful death of their loved one.
Please contact us today to discuss your case and how we can help you and your family. Our toll free telephone number is (866) 772-9960.
- Multistate Outbreak of Fungal Meningitis and Other Infections
- Fungal Infections Associated with Contaminated Methylprednisolone Injections
- Fungal Meningitis - CDC
- Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Overview
- Alere INRatio PT/INR professional test strips
- Antidepressant & Anti-Anxiety Birth Defects
- Benicar Lawsuits
- Hip Replacement
- IVC Filter Lawsuit
- Lipitor Side Effects
- Olympus Endoscope Spreads Superbug Infection
- Onglyza and Kombiglyze
- Steroid Injections
- Stryker - Hip Recall
- Talcum Powder and Ovarian Cancer
- Taxotere Lawsuit
- Transvaginal Mesh Injuries
- Xarelto Side Effect Injuries and Death
“They worked hard for me after I was involved in an auto accident. I appreciate their efforts and making me feel like family.”