Nursing Home Abuse
Across North Carolina, there are roughly 1,200 private adult care homes, which provide 24-hour care for mentally and physically ill individuals. Unfortunately, oversight and enforcement of health and safety requirements has been “poor” overall by the state and local agencies. The Carolina Public Press conducted a six-month investigation that revealed these care homes are often responsible for resident neglect and abuse. Read the rest »
Many of us have elderly loved ones being cared for in a nursing home or an assisted care facility.
Concerns often arise when we read news articles detailing problems that plague the quality of care in nursing homes and adult care facilities. For example, the Wilmington Star News published a troubling story about certain nursing homes that were fined by the State of North Carolina for a “variety of infractions that put residents at risk of injury or even death.” Read the rest »
Blog Recent Posts
- Best Lawyers of America© Selects Joel R. Rhine for 6th Straight Time
- 3M Combat Earplug Cases Considered for Consolidation – Hearing Set for March 28
- The Real Dangers of Truck Accidents
- Do You Have Your Car Accident Kit?
- 6 Things To Do If You’re in an Auto Accident in North Carolina
“They worked hard for me after I was involved in an auto accident. I appreciate their efforts and making me feel like family.”