Lawsuit Against Manufacturers of Benicar®
Rhine Law Firm, P.C. has filed a lawsuit on behalf of an injured party who has suffered serious and dangerous side effects from taking Benicar®.
Rhine Law Firm, P.C. has filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina on behalf of an injured party who has suffered serious and dangerous side effects from taking Benicar®.
The Complaint includes allegations that the Defendants, who manufacture, distribute, and sell Benicar®, Benicar HCT®, Azor®, and Tribenzor®, were negligent in designing the drugs and failed to properly warn of their harmful side effects. These drugs are blood pressure drugs for hypertension that contain olmesartan medoxomil.
On July 3, 2013, the FDA issued a Drug Safety Communication warning that drugs that contain olmesartan medoxomil , including Benicar®, Benicar HCT®, Azor®, and Tribenzor®, can cause intestinal problems known as sprue-like enteropathy. Symptoms of sprue-like enteropathy include severe, chronic diarrhea with substantial weight loss. Associated issues may include severe malnutrition, severe anemia, severe dehydration, or acute renal failure. Prior to the FDA's warning, the manufacturers and distributors of Benicar®, Benicar HCT®, Azor®, and Tribenzor® had not warned doctors or the public about these serious and dangerous side effects.
If you have taken Benicar®, Benicar HCT®, Azor®, or Tribenzor® and suffered serious gastrointestinal side effects, we invite you to contact Rhine Law Firm, P.C. at (866) 772-9960.
∗Case no. 1:15-cv-00173, United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, Durham Division
- Benicar Manufacturer Agrees to $300 Million Settlement
- Is Benicar Linked to Gastrointestinal Problems?
- Benicar and Villous Atrophy
- Joel Rhine Appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee (PSC) for the Benicar Multi-District Litigation
- Benicar Linked To GastroIntestinal Problems
- Lawsuit Against Manufacturers of Benicar
- Admiralty / Maritime Law
- Business & Civil Litigation
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents and Litigation
- Defective Drugs & Medical Devices
- Mass Torts and Class Action
- Medical Malpractice/Negligence
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injuries & Accidents
“They worked hard for me after I was involved in an auto accident. I appreciate their efforts and making me feel like family.”