TrimBoard Class Action Against Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
This case concerns TrimBoard, an exterior trim product designed, marketed and sold by ABTco, Inc. and later, its successor, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation ("LP"). TrimBoard was typically installed as exterior fascia, soffit, corner board, band boards, window trim, door trim and general exterior trim. The TrimBoard has several identifying characteristics that may help you determine if you are a member of the class defined above:
- One face of the TrimBoard is textured and one face is smooth;
- One side of the face of the TrimBoard has a chamfer running lengthwise;
- There is a laminate (or "glue") line visible at the ends and/or edges of the TrimBoard; and
- There is a paper overlay on the faces of the TrimBoard.
A lawsuit has been filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina alleging that TrimBoard was defective and that the limitations of liability in LP's warranty are not enforceable. Plaintiffs further claim that LP's conduct has caused or will cause damage to their homes that will require Plaintiffs and members of the Class to replace the TrimBoard. LP has denied Plaintiffs' claims and is asserting several affirmative defenses.
The Court has not yet ruled on the merits of Plaintiffs' claims or LP's defenses. On July 15, 2011, however, the Court decided that a class action was the best way to resolve the claims of Plaintiff homeowners, and all other North Carolina owners similarly situated. Discovery and other pretrial proceedings are ongoing, and a trial date has not been set yet.
The Class certified by the Court consists of all persons in the State of North Carolina who own a home, office or other building in which ABTco's or LP's TrimBoard has been installed since October 22, 1998.
We Also Meet With Clients After 5 P.M. And On Weekends, As Well
The attorneys of Rhine Law Firm, P.C., is Wilmington, North Carolina, are serving as class counsel for the TrimBoard class action. For more information regarding this case, please contact our firm at (866) 772-9960 to speak with a lawyer.
- Admiralty / Maritime Law
- Business & Civil Litigation
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries and Death
- Construction Accidents and Litigation
- Defective Drugs & Medical Devices
- Mass Torts and Class Action
- Medical Malpractice/Negligence
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injuries & Accidents
“They worked hard for me after I was involved in an auto accident. I appreciate their efforts and making me feel like family.”