Wilmington Hit and Run Accident Lawyer
We Represent Victims Of Hit and Runs Throughout North Carolina
According to North Carolina law, any driver in an accident must stop and provide assistance and exchange information with the other involved party. However, some drivers choose to leave the accident scene and drive away. While the hit and run driver may face criminal charges, those penalties do little to compensate you for the injuries you suffered.
If someone who hit your car and injured you drove away without providing any information, you still have the right to pursue compensation, even if the driver cannot be found. Protect your rights and call Rhine Law Firm, P.C. at (910) 772-9960 or toll free at (866) 772-9960.
Wilmington Car Accident Lawyers At Your Side Following A Hit And Run
Victims of hit and run accidents and all motor vehicle collisions must take certain steps, depending on the extent of the injuries. Those include:
- Write down any information about the car, specifically make, model and license plate
- Call law enforcement to report not only the crash, but also the other driver
- Identify any witnesses and get contact information from them
- Document the accident site through photographs
We want you to know that your options for damages are not limited following a hit and run. In North Carolina, car insurance policies are required to provide uninsured driver coverage, allowing us to pursue compensation from your own insurance company. Quite often, people are reluctant to file a claim with their own insurance company, but a hit and run situation is an example of a reason why it is crucial to have uninsured motorists coverage. Some drivers also carry "med pay" coverage, through which their insurance companies will pay their medical expenses. This coverage is inexpensive and is a good benefit to have.
Our job is to investigate all possible sources of insurance coverage available, not just those of the person causing the collision. The Wilmington car accident lawyers at Rhine Law Firm, P.C., have substantial experience in determining all insurance coverage available to maximize recovery for your injuries.
Contact Rhine Law Firm, P.C.
Contact a Wilmington hit & run car accident lawyers at Rhine Law Firm, P.C., by calling (910) 772-9960 or toll free at (866) 772-9960 for a free initial consultation. We are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with evening and weekend appointments available upon request. We offer Spanish interpretation and translation services.
- Car Accident Blogs
- What Should You Do Following a Hit and Run Accident?
- Hit-And-Run Car Accident Fatal for North Carolina Pedestrian
- North Carolina Hit and Run Law
- Fatal Hit-And-Run Crashes on Rise in U.S.
- Hit And Run Drivers Kill Nearly 1500 People Annually With Pedestrians At Greatest Risk, According To AAA Foundation Analysis
- Car Accident Overview
- Auto Property Damage
- Bicycle Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Hit-And-Run Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Passenger Injuries/Rights
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Reckless Driving
- Recreational Vehicle Accident
- Rideshare Accidents
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Sue Drunk Drivers
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
“They worked hard for me after I was involved in an auto accident. I appreciate their efforts and making me feel like family.”