Wilmington Actos Attorneys
Do You Have a Type 2 Diabetes Medication Lawsuit?
Actos is a medication prescribed to control Type 2 diabetes. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued an alert advising of a possible link between use of Actos and bladder cancer. In June 2011, the FDA issued a warning that the "use of the diabetes medication Actos (pioglitazone) for more than one year may be associated with an increased risk of bladder cancer." The FDA also ordered that the drug label for Actos be changed to add this warning. This warning was the result of a 10-year study that reported a 40 percent increased risk of bladder cancer in those patients who take Actos for more than one year. A similar study conducted in France also found a link between Actos and an increased risk of bladder cancer.
Our Wilmington drug injury attorneys are ready to discuss your case. Call toll free (866) 772-9960 for a free consultation.
It is important to know the symptoms of bladder cancer, which include:
- An urgent need to empty your bladder
- Blood in your urine
- Frequency of urination
- Pain when you urinate
- Feeling the need to urinate with no results
- Needing to strain to empty your bladder
People taking Actos who are concerned about the possible risk of bladder cancer should talk with their doctor.
Actos is manufactured by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company and co-marketed in the United States by Eli Lilly. Hundreds of lawsuits have been filed against these companies as evidence continues to mount regarding the link between taking Actos for more than a year and the risk of developing bladder cancer.
Please contact the Rhine Law Firm, P.C., in North Carolina, at (910) 772-9960 or (866) 772-9960 toll free today for a free consultation with one of our Wilmington defective drug lawyers. Office hours 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend appointments also available.
- Pioglitazone (marketed as Actos, Actoplus Met, Duetact, and Oseni) Information
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: Update to Ongoing Safety Review of Actos (Pioglitazone) and Increased Risk of Bladder Cancer
- Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Overview
- Alere INRatio PT/INR professional test strips
- Antidepressant & Anti-Anxiety Birth Defects
- Benicar Lawsuits
- Defective Hernia Mesh
- Hernia Mesh Facts
- Hip Replacement
- IVC Filter Lawsuit
- Lipitor Side Effects
- Olympus Endoscope Spreads Superbug Infection
- Onglyza and Kombiglyze
- Steroid Injections
- Stryker - Hip Recall
- Talcum Powder and Ovarian Cancer
- Taxotere Lawsuit
- Transvaginal Mesh Injuries
- Xarelto Side Effect Injuries and Death
“They worked hard for me after I was involved in an auto accident. I appreciate their efforts and making me feel like family.”