As attorneys, we at Rhine Law Firm, P.C., understand a thing or two about striving for excellence. To get the results you want, you have to put in the work. And getting a solid education is one of the most important steps you can take toward this goal.
Before we took our first case, we had to spend years learning the intricacies of the law, and even then, we had more still to learn when we set foot inside the courtroom. Education is a lifelong pursuit, and we believe you should never be satisfied in your quest for knowledge. Now, we want you to tell us what education means to you in order to win a $500 scholarship.
If you are a high school senior or current college student from anywhere in the U.S., we invite you to apply for our Strive for Excellence Scholarship 2018. The deadline for application is August 29, 2018, and we will be announcing our winner on September 26, 2018. Best of luck to all our applicants!
To view our previous winner, click here.
- Amount Awarded: A one-time $500 non-renewable scholarship to be used for post-secondary education purposes.
Who Can Apply?
Option 1 - Any U.S. resident high school senior who is on track to graduate, and currently holds a minimum 3.0 GPA, who plans to pursue a post-secondary degree after graduation;
Option 2 - Any U.S. resident student currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year post-secondary educational institution.
- Application Deadline: August 29th, 2018.
- Application Process: All application fields must be filled out in their entirety and the application must be submitted on the Rhine Law Firm, P.C. website no later than 11:59 pm on August 29th. Any materials received after this time will not be eligible for consideration of this scholarship award. There will be no exception to not submitting the completed application by the due date, so please allow enough time to complete all scholarship fields prior to the submission deadline.
Winner will be chosen by: September 26th, 2018.
The winner’s name will be announced on the Rhine Law Firm, P.C. website and the firm’s social media sites on September 26th, 2018. Once the submission period is over, updates will sporadically be made to the website regarding the review process, so please regularly check our company blog for relevant updates that may impact finalists. Non-winners will not be notified.
- High School Students: You must be a high school senior, in good standing, and on track to graduate.
- College Students: You must be currently enrolled in an accredited four-year university or college, or currently enrolled in a two-year college, and planning to transfer to a four-year university or college upon completion.
- Are You Eligible? Essentially, students who are graduating high school and are in good standing, and planning to attend a two-year or four-year post-secondary education, and college students who are either enrolled in community college or attending a four-year program at a university are eligible to apply for the 2018 Rhine Law Firm, P.C. Scholarship.
OUR SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS AND COLLEGE STUDENTS
- You have earned, or will earn in the 2017-2018 school year, your high school diploma.
- You have maintained a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- You are a U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent Residency status.
- You must complete all entry fields on the application for the scholarship.
- You are required to complete the original essay portion of the application.
- There are two sections to the application that must be completed in full:
Introduction: 100-200 Words
Our law firm would love to learn more about your interest in this scholarship and why you’ve chosen to apply. We are also interested in how you plan to use the scholarship to better yourself through education. Please feel free to include any information about yourself that may help you stand out from other applicants also applying for this scholarship.
Short Essay: 500-1,000 Words
How will attending college help you achieve your future goals? How do you plan on leaving your mark on the world, and in what way will a college education help you achieve your intended goals?
FINALISTS MUST PROVIDE
- School Transcripts - We may require an official or unofficial transcript from your current educational institution to assist us in determining your eligibility. If Rhine Law Firm, P.C. decides that your application puts you in contention as a finalist and potential winner of the scholarship, you will be contacted by Rhine Law Firm, P.C., and given instructions on how to mail or send an electronic version of your official (unopened) transcript. This will help us to verify that all information provided to us by you is accurate, and that you meet all of the eligibility requirements. Do not send any transcripts until this is explicitly requested by Rhine Law Firm, P.C.
- Current Proof of Enrollment - You will be required to submit to Rhine Law Firm, P.C. upon request an enrollment verification letter, letter of acceptance from a college, or course registration for the coming semester.
- Photo ID - Rhine Law Firm, P.C. will require a copy of your U.S. driver license, U.S. state ID card, and/or passport. These are each considered acceptable forms of identification to submit to us upon request, for verification that you meet the eligibility requirements as outlined above.
Pella Windows Class Action Case $25.7 Million
We have recovered a $25.7 million settlement on behalf of our client on a Pella windows class action case.
Chinese Drywall Settlement Case $24 Million
We have recovered $24 million on the largest individual Chinese drywall settlement case.
Marriott Vacation Club Class Action $13.3 Million
We have recovered a $13.3 million settlement for Deceptive Trade Practices at Marriott Vacation Club.
Parasailing Accident $9 Million
We have recovered a $9 million settlement for a wrongful death judgment in North Carolina State Court.
Bus Accident $3.1 Million
We have recovered a $3.1 million settlement that occurred during a trial in a bus collision case.