Wilmington Truck Underride Accident Attorney
Truck underride accidents not only cause extreme catastrophic injuries and death, but they are also typically preventable. Unfortunately, some trucking companies and drivers do not take the proper precautions to prevent these types of damaging accidents. We urge you to call Rhine Law Firm, P.C., when you or your loved one has been involved in a truck underride accident in North Carolina.
Based in Wilmington, our comprehensive personal injury law firm represents residents of the surrounding communities in a wide range of truck crashes, including serious and often fatal accidents involving truck underrides.
Truck underride accidents happen when a vehicle collides with the back of a tractor-trailer, causing the vehicle to get wedged underneath the truck. Truck underride accidents are most commonly a result of:
- The lack of a safety guard to prevent cars and other vehicles from getting stuck underneath trucks
- Poorly designed safety guards
- Missing reflective tape or reflectors
- Obscured reflective tape or reflectors
These types of accidents often cause very severe physical damage, including traumatic brain and head injuries, dismemberment and other fatal injuries.
While the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires guards for all trucks and trailers manufactured after 1998, trucks manufactured prior to this date are not required to be retrofitted. The FMCSA requires that reflective tape and reflectors be used on trucks. Regrettably, some trucking companies and truck drivers have not taken these steps to minimize truck underride accidents.
Our Wilmington truck accident lawyers recognize the serious and tragic implications, and we are fully prepared to help you hold negligent commercial truck drivers and companies accountable for your losses. We urge you to call our attorneys today to learn how we can help you protect and exercise your legal rights.
We invite you to contact Rhine Law Firm, P.C., at (910) 772-9960 or toll free at (866) 772-9960 for a free initial consultation with one of our North Carolina underride collision injury lawyers regarding your legal needs. Our law office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. We offer Spanish interpretation and translation services.
- NHTSA Signals Plan to Address Deaths in Underride Crashes
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Rear Impact Guards
- The Effectiveness of Underride Guards for Heavy Trailers
- Truck Accident Overview
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Construction Zone Truck Accidents
- Defective Truck Equipment
- Delivery Truck Accidents
- Failure to Maintain Truck
- Highway Accidents
- Jackknife Accidents
- Runaway Trailer Accidents
- Truck Driver DUI Accidents
- Truck Driver Fatigue
- Truck Driver Speeding
- Truck Underride Accidents
- Unsafe Load Trucking Accidents
“They worked hard for me after I was involved in an auto accident. I appreciate their efforts and making me feel like family.”