If you are injured due to the negligence of another party in Columbus County, you may have grounds to recover financial compensation. You can file a personal injury claim with a Columbus County, NC personal injury attorney. Contact us at Rhine Law Firm for a free consultation. We have more than 30 years of legal experience in many different practice areas. We represent families, retirees, students, tourists, and other clients throughout North Carolina and beyond.
Common types of accidents in Columbus County
Some of the types of personal injury accidents that are most common in Columbus include:
- Car, truck, bus, taxi, and motorcycle accidents on Highway 74
- Bike and pedestrian crashes in Whitevillet
- Medical malpractice stemming from an operation at Columbus Regional
- Defective drugs
- Slip or trip and fall accidents while shopping at Food Lion
- Attacks by an animal while attending a friend’s birthday party in Chadbourn
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
You may be seriously hurt in a personal injury accident
While some accident victims are fortunate to walk away with only mild injuries, others are not as lucky. Here is a non-exhaustive list of injuries commonly associated with these types of accidents:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Fractured or broken bones
- Damage to ligaments
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Neck, spinal cord, and back injuries
- Head injuries such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
This is How You Win Your Case
In order to prevail in a personal injury lawsuit, you will need to prove that another party was negligent. To do this, your Columbus County, NC personal injury lawyer will need to prove the following elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. For example, if you were shopping for groceries at Food Lion, the grocery store owner or manager would owe you a duty of care.
- The defendant breached this duty of care. To qualify as a breach, the defendant must have failed to take reasonable measures to keep you safe. For example, coolant is leaking from a freezer and the area surrounding it has become dangerous.
- This breach is what causes your accident. Management has failed to either put out warning signs or mop up the mess. While shopping, you slipped and fell.
- You must have been injured in this accident. The fall caused a concussion and broken ribs.
Benefits of working with a personal injury lawyer
The aftermath of a serious accident is fraught with physical and emotional pain. We advise that you consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Columbus County, NC as soon as possible following your accident. You will gain an understanding of your legal rights, the strengths and weaknesses of your claim, and an approximate financial value of your claim.
Columbus County Courthouse
If you are injured in Columbus, your claim will be adjudicated at Polk County Courthouse, which is located at:
113 Courthouse Sq,
Whiteville, NC 28472
You can reach Columbus County Courthouse by calling (910) 641-4400, and you can learn more about it by visiting their website.
Contact a personal injury lawyer in Columbus County, NC for a free consultation
Our personal injury attorneys at Rhine Law Firm, P.C. are dedicated to aggressively pursuing justice on behalf of our injured clients. We realize that we cannot undo your accident. However, we take pride in helping our clients’ adjust to their new reality by means of the financial compensation we are able to secure for them.
If you have been injured in an accident in Columbus County caused by another person or entity, call us today to schedule a zero-cost case review. We will never charge you anything unless you win your case.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Columbus County, NC
Rhine Law Firm Difference
Why Choose Us?
Contact our Firm
We’re Here for You When It Really Matters