Kure Beach, 15 miles south of Wilmington and stretching along the coastline of Pleasure Island, is a great town– whether you are on vacation or live here year-round. The Kure Beach Fishing Pier is one of the oldest on the Atlantic coast. Yet despite all this natural and abundant beauty, accidents can happen no matter how careful you are, and some of them cause serious injuries.
If you’ve been injured due to the negligence of another party, now is the time to seek legal help. Personal injury lawyers from Rhine Law Firm, P.C. are ready to advocate for you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Damages You May Pursue
If you’ve been hurt due to the negligence of another person or entity, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim. Some of the more common types of damages that you may pursue in this action include:
- All medical bills. These would include transportation by ambulance or helicopter from the accident scene, emergency room visits, stays in the hospital, doctors’ appointments, physical therapy, prescription drugs, assistive devices, psychological therapy, and in-home care.
- Lost wages. In addition to income, this also includes benefits such as retirement contributions, vacation time, sick time, paid time off, and more.
- Loss of earning capacity. This fills the gap between what you would have earned had you not been injured and what you can earn now. For example, you may have earned $110,000 per year working in management. However, a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) has impacted your mental cognition. As a result, you are now relegated to a clerical role earning $40,000 a year.
- Pain and suffering. Enduring severe pain every day causes a great deal of physical and emotional suffering. You could be compensated for this.
- Loss of companionship or loss of consortium. Your injury may impact your relationships with those who are closest to you.
What Should I Do After My Accident?
If you are injured, there are steps you can take in the immediate aftermath to help maximize the amount of your financial recovery:
- Document your accident. Call the police and file an accident report if you are injured in a motor vehicle crash. File an incident report if you are hurt in a slip and fall accident.
- Seek medical attention even if you feel fine. Some injuries, like whiplash, may surface hours later once your adrenaline subsides, while others may not surface until days later. But the longer you wait, the more you risk undermining the financial value of your claim.
- Take pictures if possible. Examples include your injuries, any property damage, the location of the accident, or road conditions.
- Write down the contact information of eyewitnesses.
- Consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
- Refrain from posting any updates, pictures, or videos on social media that discuss the accident or your injuries. Ensure that nobody tags you in their updates.
Where is the Local Courthouse?
The New Hanover County Courthouse is located at:
316 Princess Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
Contact a Kure Beach, NC Personal Injury Lawyer
At Rhine Law Firm P. C., our personal injury lawyers have been helping our clients achieve their goals for more than 30 years. We represent individuals, families, military personnel, students, tourists, and business clients in North Carolina. Whenever our clients call our law firm, their needs will be met, and their questions will be answered by someone who knows their name and the details of their case.
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident here in Kure Beach, call us today to schedule a free consultation. We do not collect any legal fees unless you win your case.