Wilmington Soft Tissue Injury Attorneys
Vehicle Accident Soft Tissue Injuries
If you are injured in an accident, it is critical that you seek medical treatment. Many injuries are not apparent at first, especially those to the soft tissues of the body. For this reason, you should see a doctor after an accident, whether or not you "think" your injuries are serious or not. In order to get compensation to treat those injuries, you should speak to a seasoned North Carolina car accident attorney.
The accident lawyers at Rhine Law Firm, P.C., have provided successful representation for many years. If you were injured by a negligent driver, we encourage you to contact us without further delay.
Request Your Free Police Report
Rhine Law Firm, P.C., is happy to assist you with getting your crash report at no cost. Visit our police report request page and fill out our form. We'll take care of the rest.
What Are Soft Tissue Injuries?
The crashing impact of a car accident often damages soft tissues. These injuries occur in tendons, ligaments, and muscles and may lead to pain and prolonged discomfort including swelling, soreness, stiffness, and bruising. In severe cases, the injuries may require significant time to heal, medical treatment, and surgery. Soft tissue injuries can be either acute (caused by a sudden blow) or overuse (develop over a period of time).
In a car wreck, soft tissue damage is almost always acute:
Whiplash: Injuries that occur from a jerking movement of the neck are whiplash
injuries. Rear-end collisions commonly lead to this injury. Typically,
the victim will first exhibit pain and stiffening in the neck, with or
without a headache. Depending on the whiplash, it can take several months
to recover from and require medication for pain, exercise, and therapy.
Longer-term chronic neck discomfort and related difficulties could persist.
Other potential symptoms include:
- Pain upon moving the neck
- Reduced range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness in the upper part of the back and/or shoulders
- Feelings of numbness in the arms
Sprained Ligaments: When ligaments (connective tissue between bones) are extended or torn,
the result is a sprain. Ligaments are vital for stabilizing the joints
in the body and the most frequently injured are in the wrist, knee, or
ankle. There are three basic levels of sprain:
- Grade 1: A mild injury from stretched fibers
- Grade 2: A moderate injury from a partially torn ligament that loosens the joint, which may require a brace to facilitate recovery
- Grade 3: A severe injury where the ligament is completely torn, rendering the joint unusable; surgical procedures are usually necessary
- Strains to Muscles or Tendons: A strain occurs when a muscle and/or tendon is damaged. Tendons provide a rubber-like link between muscles and bones, and injuries are common in the feet, legs, and back. Strains can be minor, such as when a muscle or tendon is stretched, or severe, when either is torn. The symptoms are usually muscle spasms, weakness, swelling, and cramps. Although surgery may be needed for severe strains, many are simply treated with RICE: rest, ice, compression, and elevation.
- Contusions (Bruises): A contusion occurs when the body receives a blow that injures the muscle and tissue underneath without breaking the skin. These are common in motor vehicle accidents and can usually be managed using RICE. The site of the impact will often be discolored, due to a mass of blood that gathers underneath. Surgical treatment is rarely necessary.
Call us at (910) 501-2474 today.
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, try to proceed calmly. Check whether you have been injured and provide assistance to others if you are qualified to do so.
Contact 911 and if moderate or severe injuries have occurred, request emergency medical responders. Follow the instructions of law enforcement. Remember that there is no benefit to making opinions about or admitting fault.
At this time, you should focus exclusively on your medical condition and even if your injuries seem minor, see a doctor. Many symptoms of soft tissue injuries take hours or days to surface. Seek assistance from a qualified personal injury attorney for a consultation when possible.
National Practice with a Local Presence
Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Won
Over 30 Years of Experience
Experienced, Thorough & Dedicated Attorneys
Spanish-Speaking Services Available
Evening & Weekend Appointments Available Upon Request
Lawyers for North Carolina Car Accident Victims
Rhine Law Firm, P.C., has the knowledge and experience necessary to deliver results for clients injured in vehicle accidents. We offer a complimentary consultation to review the details of your case.
“Joel Rhine and his staff did everything possible to help us in a very dark period of our lives.”- John
“We were blessed to have them fighting for us and never giving up.”- Stewart
“Rhine Law Firm has a friendly, caring, professional staff and they worked hard for me.”- Becky
“I couldn't have asked for a better firm to handle my injury claim. If you do not have confidence with your attorney, you need to contact Rhine Law Firm immediately.”- Will
“Rhine Law Firm went out of their way to make sure that my mother-in-law obtains everything she is entitled to in an injury case.”- Lee