Whether you are at the beach, on the Riverwalk, or exploring the city’s beautiful Historic District, Wilmington is a great place to live or visit. However, an afternoon out or a getaway vacation can quickly turn south if you are injured in a serious car accident. The Wilmington car accident attorneys at Rhine Law Firm are ready to stand by your side and fight for the full compensation you deserve for your crash injuries, including not only past, present, and future medical bills, but also money to cover lost wages or employment opportunities missed out on as a result of the accident. We know that when you have been hurt due to another person’s negligence, there is no substitute for justice. Call our law offices today or use our online contact form for a free case review.
Types of Car Accident Damages That You May Receive
If you are injured in an automobile crash, a Wilmington car accident lawyer may be able to help you receive financial compensation for your damages. Some car crash victims receive settlements or jury verdicts of hundreds of thousands – or even millions – of dollars. Some common types of damages that car accident victims typically pursue include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Crash
Knowing what to do and not to do following a car accident can make a significant difference in the amount of financial compensation that you ultimately receive. Here are some general guidelines that our North Carolina car accident attorneys at Rhine Law Firm, P.C. recommend you follow:
- Call the police, and see to it that an accident report is filed.
- Seek medical attention no matter how you feel. Remember that some injuries may not surface until later that day once your adrenaline has waned, while others may take several days before surfacing. The longer you wait between when your crash occurs and when you seek medical attention, the more you risk a reduction in your financial compensation.
- Take pictures of everything you can think of that may aid you in building your case, such as your injuries, property damage, the road, traffic, and weather conditions at the time of the accident, the exact location of the crash, and the area surrounding the scene of the accident.
- Gather the contact information of anyone who witnessed your accident.
- Consult with experienced Wilmington, NC car accident lawyers as soon as possible. We will inform you about your legal rights, the strengths and weaknesses of your claim, and alert you to any legal deadlines that are looming.. With the help of our Wilmington, NC car accident lawyers, , you will know whether or not any settlement offer proposed by the defendant is fair and reasonable.
- Refrain from mentioning anything about your accident, your injuries, or your claim on social media. Make sure that no one posts any updates, pictures, or videos on social media that may inadvertently raise questions about the severity of your injuries.
New Hanover County Courthouse
If you are injured in a car accident here in Wilmington, your claim will likely be adjudicated at the New Hanover County Courthouse, located at:
316 Princess St.
Wilmington, NC 28401
Work with local Wilmington, NC Car Accident Lawyers
At Rhine Law Firm, P.C., we take pride in fighting for justice on behalf of injured crash victims here in Wilmington. Our attorneys always work in the best interests of our clients to maximize the amount of financial compensation they receive.
If you have been injured in a car crash here in Wilmington, call Rhine Law Firm, P.C. today to book a zero-cost consultation with our car accident law firm in Wilmington, NC. Our North Carolina personal injury lawyers will never charge you any fees unless you win your case.
Rhine Law Firm Difference
Why Choose Us?
Contact our Firm
We’re Here for You When It Really Matters
"*" indicates required fields